Friday, 19 November 2010

Diana goes gothic


This is Abney Cemetery in Stoke Newington, North London. It is chaotic and crumbling in the best possible way, though some of the living inhabitants are more creepy than the ghosts. Diana made it super-gothic in the low light of a cloudy day.



I think this was three separate exposures, at Pere Lachaise in Paris. It doesn't work that well; there's a better one here. It was fun trying to work out which images would overlay well and I'm still learning.



Near Oscar Wilde's lipstick-smattered grave at Pere Lachaise lies Victor Noir, his groin rubbed to a gleam by tourists. I left him his dignity and missed that bit out... I walked round and round him, trying to find an angle that would make a good image, and then clearly gave up.

Nest stop Walthamstow cemetery, hopefully in this winter's snow.

3 comments:

  1. I so want one of those - there is a Diana mini that I covet too. Only a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really must check out this Diana camera you mention...

    Speaking of which, Zoe, I mentioned you and this lovely blog in my latest post. I hope you don't mind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course not! I'm very flattered. I will off and read it now.

    ReplyDelete